Here’s our weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Where to download free scripts – and why you should.
- Roger Corman: The role model we desperately need again.
- 2012 – The script will (hopefully) self-destruct after reading.
- The Blacklist now has its own web site (Thanks Meg!)
- Times rather eclectic Top 100 of the decade. Which have you seen?
- Patience, perseverance and perspective: never give up.
- Push your character towards someplace new, set them on fire.
- Little less Mystery (Man on Film): an interview.
- A look at the screenplay that saw dead people.
- Myers: Tips toward finding a positive writing partner.
- What is high concept? Quick pitch, audience appeal, original premise.
- Throwing green at the writing gurus: worth it? The truth about McKee.
- The Hero’s Journey in twelve and seventeen stages: overview.
- The Hero’s Journey in The Matrix
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- The Mid Sequence in THE UNTOUCHABLES
- Inciting Incident vs. Call to Adventure
With thanks to Sol.