Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- John Michael Hayes on writing for Hitch. Scott Meyers quotes.
- 7 scripts you must read and the reason(s) why.
- Loglines. You can’t overestimate their importance. Here’s 10.
- Another list of 10: Potential Oscar Contenders.
- Night M. Shyamalan’s best 2 scripts at Script Collector.
- Mystery Man points us to 8 reasons to believe in H’wood again.
- By accident I found Chris Vogler’s “Writer’s Journey” blog.
- Inspired by a book? John August tells what’s next.
- The director who’s movies we like but whose behaviour we despise.
- Not everybody thinks Cody’s Body is crap.
- George A. Romero to pen zombie foundation myth.
- The behind-the-scenes stuff that rules what we get to see.
- Where do you get your ideas? Plus: Two tests to check their power.
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Structural breakdown of A BEAUTIFUL MIND
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.
Karel Segers wrote his first produced screenplay at age 17. Today he is a story analyst with experience in acquisition, development and production. He has trained students worldwide, and worked with half a dozen Academy Award nominees. Karel speaks more European languages than you have fingers on your left hand, which he is still trying to find a use for in his hometown of Sydney, Australia. The languages, not the fingers.