Here’s our weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- He’s beaten me to it! The mythological structure of E.T.
- Writing on spec for animation: what are your odds?
- For Your Consideration: more Oscar contenders for download.
- What about the back story? We’ll deal with that later…
- Read this if you’re considering killing your Hero.
- And this if you’re still not sure. Another way of putting it.
- Interested in the Terminator film rights?
- An oldie but a goodie: Truby on structure.
- Annie Hall and other Woody Allen scripts for download
- Trying to break in? What to believe and what not. Read this!
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- iPhone apps for Screenwriters & Filmmakers – Update (Tuesday)
- Sol’s Polls – A weekly poll on screenwriting & filmmaking (Jan ’10)
- Story Dept – New look (Jan ’10; email me if you can’t wait)
Karel Segers wrote his first produced screenplay at age 17. Today he is a story analyst with experience in acquisition, development and production. He has trained students worldwide, and worked with half a dozen Academy Award nominees. Karel speaks more European languages than you have fingers on your left hand, which he is still trying to find a use for in his hometown of Sydney, Australia. The languages, not the fingers.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel!