Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- One Door less…
- Bottom line: “not aware of any Australian films being picked up”
- Two Wes Anderson Scripts: Life Aquatic and Royal Tenenbaums.
- Joe’s found the formula. How to write a Hollywood blockbuster.
- Saw UP in 2 and 3D. Loved it better the first time (2D), like Ebert.
- Here’s more Pixar my son and I are looking forward to.
- Until I do my own piece on short film writing, here’s Scott Meyers’
- You know a news item is about to get stale when this happens.
- Oh, wait. This is a good discussion about the same topic still!
- If you’re writing indie stuff, better prepare for the festival reality.
- Learn from Dan Brown: the techniques of anticipation.
- Learn from Dan Brown’s mistakes: don’t write this at home.
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Structural breakdown of Pixar’s ‘UP’
- Confessions of a Scriptwriter (3)
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.
- The Fastest Pass: Improve your script in less than an hour.